Vedic Astrology : Nadi dosh (marriage compatibility)
We have three Nadi –
These Nadis are based on the birth time Nakshtra of natal. Nadi and Nakshtra are given as below
- Aadya Nadi – Ashwini, Ardra, Punarvasu, Uttaraphalguni, Hast, Jyeshtha, Moola, Shatbhishaj and Purvabhadrapad
- Madhya Nadi – Bharani, Mrigshira, Pushya, Purvaphalguni, Chitra, Anuradha, Purvashadha, Dhanishtha, Uttarabhadrapad
- Antya Nadi – Kritika, Rohini, Ashlesha, Magha, Swati, Vishakha, Uttarashadha, Shravan and Revati
While matching horoscope for Bride and Groom, it has to be checked that nadi of both should not be same. If they are from different nadi then 8 point will be provided. In case of same nadi – 0 point out of 8 will be given.
- When Bride and Groom are born in the same sign but Nakshtra are different then they will be free from nadi dosh. (but it should not be next nakshtra of Girl’s nakshtra of boy.)
- In case boy and girl are enjoying same nakshtra but born in different sign (moon sign), in that case they will be free from Nadi dosh.
- If both are from same nakshtra but from different charan/pad of nakshtra, in that case they will be free from nadi dosh.
Categories: Vedic Astrology Articles